Immunocal is an all-natural protein derived from milk. It is a specially-prepared whey protein isolate that is proven to raise glutathione levels in your body!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the lactose in Immunocal is removed during its production. Less than 1% lactose remains and legally the product can be called “lactose-free”. It should be noted that being lactose-intolerant is different than having a milk protein allergy (see below).
Most people who claim they have a milk “allergy” are actually not allergic, they are lactose intolerant. If this is the case, you can take Immunocal.
If you have a true allergy to milk proteins, then you should avoid it. However, the majority of milk protein allergies (80%) are to a protein called “caseine”. There is very little caseine in Immunocal (generally less than 1.5%).
- Well researched – Immunocal is supported with extensive research published in medical journals
- High Efficacy – Immunocal is produced in a special way to preserve the proteins’ natural structure so that it retains its profound effect on your cells
- Proven – Immunocal is clinically proven to work in human beings
- Listed in the American PDR (Physicians’ Desk Reference)
- Listed in the Canadian CPS (Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties)
Immunotec’s proprietary manufacturing process preserves the critical disulfide bonds in the glutathione precursor cysteine. By delivering this delicate protein to the cell, it enables the body to create glutathione and maximize immune system levels. Other whey proteins are often manufactured using high heat (pasteurisation) and harsh methods of mixing, resulting in a denatured and ineffective product.
Undenatured means that a protein is not damaged or significantly changed from the way it appears in nature. Immunocal works by providing important glutathione precursors to your cells. It is critical that these precursors remain intact or undenatured during the manufacturing and mixing processes in order to enhance your immune system. That is why we recommend that Immunocal not be heated or subject to harsh mixing in order to preserve it’s bioactivity.
As a source of amino acids, whey protein has a superior nutritional advantage over other types of protein. They are a good source of protein. However, there are many other variables that need to be considered in a whey’s quality.
Most importantly is the degree in which the protein resembles its original form in nature. This is easily altered in the harvesting, manufacturing, packaging, storage and shipping, and quality control of the product. Other whey protein isolates have not been thoroughly tested in clinical trials done on human beings, so you wouldn’t know for sure whether they work..
- Supplies the rare building blocks (precursors) for your cells to make glutathione
- Supplies all the essential amino acids needed by your cells and tissues
- Supplies other peptides (small proteins) critical for many aspects of your health
It is a substance that is produced by your own cells that is fundamental to life.
Glutathione (GSH) plays many roles, for the most important roles, think IDEA:
- I – GSH plays an important role in the proper functioning of your immune system
- D – GSH is used by your body to detoxify carcinogens, toxins, and other foreign substances
- E – GSH increases your energy levels, strength and endurance
- A – GSH is your body’s master antioxidant
Glutathione is broken down by digestion and very little if any can get from your mouth to your cell where it’s needed. To raise glutathione effectively, you must give your cells the building blocks (precursors) to make glutathione yourself.
Immunocal has had research performed starting as far back as the late 1970’s at McGill University (Canada’s foremost Medical School). There continues to be much effort in publishing human clinical trials in respected peer-reviewed medical journals worldwide. You can easily find these articles on-line.
The American PDR (Physicians’ Desk Reference) and the Canadian CPS (Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties) are published yearly and distributed to all the doctors and pharmacists in the country. It holds all the prescribing information for drugs, however, Immunocal is not a drug. It is one of the rare natural substances that hold a position in these publications.
When this “research” is actually examined, usually you will find:
- That they are quoting work done by Dr. Bounous, Dr Kongshavn, Dr Droge or other prominent scientists on Immunocal. This does not mean that their products work as well.
- They are experiments done in a laboratory or on laboratory animals, not on human beings.
- Anyone with a specific allergy to the components.
This does NOT include lactose. Immunocal contains less than 1% lactose. It is usually tolerated by lactose-intolerant individuals.
- Anyone taking immunosuppressant medication to avoid rejection of an organ transplant.
Always ask your health professional before taking any supplements.
No adverse effects have been reported. A health care practitioner should be consulted prior to use if the person is pregnant or has reason to believe she is, or if she is breastfeeding.
Immunocal is a natural source of protein classified as a Natural Health Product. Gastrointestinal bloating and cramps are possible if the product is not sufficiently rehydrated. Transient urticarial-like skin rash has been reported in rare individuals undergoing severe detoxification reaction. Skin rash abates when the intake is stopped or reduced.
There have been no reports of toxicity from overdosing on Immunocal. Glutathione is a tightly regulated intracellular constituent and is limited in its production by negative feedback inhibition of its own synthesis through the enzyme gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase, thus greatly minimizing any possibility of overdose.
- Avoid hot liquids and extremely acidic liquids
- Power blenders should generally be avoided (Small, low-speed, hand-held plastic blenders are acceptable)
As a general guideline, consume shortly after mixing, preferably within 30 minutes. It is best kept cool while waiting.
Most people take Immunocal first thing in the morning or after your body has been fasting for a few hours. This will enhance protein absorption and amino acid utilization. If you are taking multiple pouches per day, these can be taken at separate times.
Immunocal does NOT contain antibiotics or pesticide residues and is additive-free; the sole ingredient is whey protein isolate.
We need 300 liters (125 gallons) of fresh, raw milk to produce 1 kilogram (2.2 lbs.) of Immunocal. It is then produced using a gentle process and low temperatures to preserve the biological activity of the proteins.
Immunocal, as such, is not an antioxidant but provides the building blocks for the synthesis of glutathione, which is the principal intracellular antioxidant. GSH is also known as your body’s Master Antioxidant as it recycles other antioxidants.
Did we miss something?
Just put your question(s) in the form at the bottom and hit send. We are more than happy to help with whatever queries you have 🙂